I open at the... What? by Emma Grant
Summary: Harry gives Neville a snitch with a gift inside.  But there's a catch.
Categories: Other slash pairings, Harry Potter Characters: Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 172 Read: 9663 Published: 08/15/2007 Updated: 08/15/2007
Story Notes:

There was a nightly drabble group at Prophecy that was led by the intrepid fiona_fawkes, which was all sorts of awesome. I only participated one night, but I forgot to post my little drabble here, so.

The prompt was to choose 3 of the following: a Gryffindor, a trenchcoat, magical devices, and a kink.

Link: My LJ

1. Chapter 1 by Emma Grant

Chapter 1 by Emma Grant
"So it opens how?" Neville asked, balancing the snitch on his palm.

"Your touch," Harry said, apparently very pleased with himself. "You were the first to catch that one, right?"

Neville nodded, his eyes fixed on the soft golden wings.

"So it will open only for you. You just touch it like you did when you caught it."

Neville swallowed. "Does it have to be the same way?"

"Well, yeah. Don't you remember?"

There was a pause. "I remember."

Harry clapped him on the shoulder. "Great! Well, happy birthday." He turned and crossed toward the punch bowl.

Neville watched him go, feeling his cheeks heat. It was nice of Harry to give him such a unique gift, of course. Neville had an idea of how complicated the magic was to accomplish it, and he was quite flattered.

But what Harry didn't know was that Neville had caught this particular snitch whilst playing naked Quidditch with Seamus and Dean against some very drunk Hufflepuffs. And the manner in which he'd caught this snitch had been most uncomfortable.

~*~
End Notes:
I chose Neville, a snitch, and object insertion. XD
This story archived at http://www.queerasjedi.net/emma/viewstory.php?sid=86