- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Author: knightmare3099
Rating: NC-17
Pairing: Harry/Draco/Blaise
Summary: Finding out what you truly desire isn’t always easy. Faced with a choice between two boys, Harry must make a difficult decision.
Warnings: Slash, sexual situations
Any author notes: Thanks to alisanne, vlredreign, and eeyore9990, my betas, pervs in crime, and Slashinista Sistas. This wouldn't have been possible without the wonderful premise by KKR, so thank you for such an interesting lead story!

Originally posted here

Delicious strawberry flavour exploded on his tongue as the candy melted. Harry hmmm’d and continued to suck, waiting for it to take effect. A gentle warmth spread and he sighed, a smile curving his lips. He scanned the Hall, going rigid when his eyes lit on the most perfect boy he’d ever seen. Licking his lips, he stood, ignoring the distant voices that sounded in the background, shaking off the hands that attempted to hold him back. Nothing could keep him from what he wanted. Pulsing within him, the urge to reach the object of his desire was a powerful force, driving him forward.

The background chatter of students ceased as Harry walked with assurance across the floor. The Slytherins watched him when he came to a stop in front of his goal. His lips parted as he reached out his hand, fingertips lightly stroking the soft skin, tracing the contours of his desire’s face. His eyes roamed, taking in the expressive eyes, the contrast of his fingers against the beautiful skin, finally resting on parted lips. Need burned, heat coursed through his veins, and a soft whimper escaped.

“Finally cracked, Potter?” Nott asked, sarcastically.

“Leave him alone; he can’t help it.” Hermione, having followed Harry, glared at Nott.

She tugged on Harry, who jerked away. He searched the face of the boy in front of him, his fingers still wandering. Slipping his hand around to twine in curly hair, he tilted his head, leaning forward. Lips met his, unhesitant, eager and hungry. Hands wound around his waist and he was jerked forward, bringing a cry of delight from him. He pulled back, the candy finally wearing off, and blinked. Blaise smiled at him and tightened his grip, nuzzling Harry’s cheek.

“I am not certain why you chose to do this, Potter, but I will not lie and say I’m unpleased.”

Harry smiled and blushed faintly. He gently disentangled, taking a small step back. Blaise captured his hand, squeezing it slightly.

“Zabini?”

“Will you run?” Blaise lifted his free hand and gently cupped Harry’s cheek, his thumb stroking his cheekbone.

“It was the candy,” Hermione protested.

“Candy?” Blaise repeated. Harry’s blush deepened.

“Not here,” he said, glancing around at the not so friendly faces of Slytherin house. He sighed, giving in for just a moment to the feel of Blaise’s hand moving on his skin. “Tonight? Meet me on the Pitch?”

“When?”

“After curfew. Can you sneak out?”

Blaise nodded, and took a step back. He lifted Harry’s hand, pressing a kiss on the back. “Until then.”

“Come on, Harry,” Hermione urged, taking him by the arm and dragging him away. “Really, what were you thinking?”

Harry sighed, tuning out her lecture with the ease of long practice. He touched his lips and grinned. Hermione might call him foolish, but nothing would make him regret taking that bit of candy and finally making a move on Blaise.

~*~

The common room was in a riotous uproar. Fred and George were holding centre court, hawking their new product, using Harry as a walking testimonial. Harry shook his head when they asked him for an endorsement, smiling widely and walking over to the fire to fall into his favourite squishy chair.

“Harry, what were you thinking?” Hermione sat gracefully in the chair next to Harry, while Ron flopped on the floor in front of her.

“He wasn’t thinking, Hermione, that’s how the candy acts. You don’t think, you just… need.” He flushed a brilliant red as he said this, turning his face from hers. She blushed as well, and Harry smirked.

“How long have you fancied him?” Hermione asked, watching Harry’s smirk fade.

“Dunno.” Harry shrugged and turned to look into the fire.

“Harry, he’s a Slytherin.”

“I’m sure Harry gathered that, Ron.” She tapped Harry’s shoulder, to get him to look at her. “Are you really going to meet him tonight? Alone?”

“Yes,” Harry answered.

“It could be a trap,” Ron warned.

“Yes, Ron, it’s a very clever trap,” Harry said. “The Slytherins are all in on it, don’t you know. They talked your brothers into creating the candy and giving me some, then made sure I’d eat it, and then somehow made certain that it would be Blaise that I reacted to. And they cleverly set it up so I’d suggest the meeting time and place as well. Astounding, isn’t it?” He sighed.

“We’re just worried about you,” Hermione said.

“I know, really I do.”

“He’s a sight better than the other Slytherin you keep gabbing about. And I guess since you finally got off your arse and talked to him, I can at least have one or two nights free from your moaning about him never noticing you?” Ron joked, poking at Harry.

“Until I begin to give you details about dates,” Harry said, laughing with Hermione and Ron. He laughed harder when it obviously occurred to Hermione that Ron had known of Harry’s crush, and she hadn’t, and she made her displeasure known, very loudly.

~*~

Harry walked through the peaceful night, each step crunching in the new fallen snow. The Pitch was covered in white, still and magical in the moonlight. He frowned, looking behind him at his footprints, knowing that he’d be easy to follow. With a shrug, he passed the broom shed and entered the stadium proper.

The box with the two remaining candy keys rested in his pocket. He’d brought it, with some half-formed idea to give one of them to Blaise and see if he really desired him in return. Taking a deep breath of the crisp air, he walked towards the lower stands, climbing up into them. Pulling his wand, he cast a Warming Charm and sat, leaning back, resting against the bleacher seat behind him, staring at the moon and watching the clouds drift across it.

“Beautiful.”

Harry sat up suddenly, smiling a welcome at Blaise. “It is a beautiful night.”

“I meant you.” Blaise moved to sit next to Harry, an amused smile on his face at Harry’s red cheeks.

Harry’s smile faltered when he caught movement on the ground below the stands. “Who is that?”

“Malfoy. He insisted this could be a ‘Gryffindor’ trick. I told him he was welcome to try to protect my virtue.”

“I wouldn’t ask you here to trick you,” Harry protested. “Gryffindors are more direct than that. I really want to see you, that’s all.”

“I know, and he does as well.” Blaise looked around. “Did your friends not accompany you?”

“No, I told them not to. Hermione will keep Ron in line.”

Harry looked down at his hands, suddenly nervous. An awkward silence fell. When Blaise reached up to touch his shoulder, Harry nearly yelped, and he did jump, just a bit.

“Sorry. What was this about candy?”

“Can we… can I… I mean…” Harry blew out his breath nervously, hating how anxious he got when it came to liking someone. Acting was better than speaking, he decided, and he leaned over, tilting his head and pressing his lips to Blaise’s.

He moaned when Blaise’s arms encircled him, slipping his arms around Blaise’s neck, eagerly meeting him for soft kiss after soft kiss. Blaise grew bolder, one hand fumbling with the buttons on Harry’s coat as he ran his tongue along Harry’s lips, slipping in when Harry opened for him.

Harry had never kissed like this. He’d heard of it, of course, because all the boys in the dorm talked, but actually being here, pressed against Blaise, their tongues sliding together… He was awash in sensation, making small needy sounds in the back of his throat, trying to get closer to the source of that pleasure.

Blaise managed to worm a hand into Harry’s coat, and he slid it along his waist, pulling him flush. He drew away from Harry’s mouth, kissing along his jaw, moving to his neck. Harry’s hands clutched Blaise’s shoulders spastically as he was overwhelmed with desire.

“Zabini! Get on with it! I’m freezing my arse off down here,” Draco yelled, causing them to break apart.

Harry swallowed hard, dragging in breaths. He glared at Malfoy, but pulled back, buttoning his coat back up.

“A bit too fast, I think,” Blaise said.

“Maybe,” Harry answered. He stood up, and holding out his hand to Blaise, led him down the stairs to the ground below. “What’s the matter, Malfoy, jealous?”

“You wish, Potter. I just want to go get warm.”

“Awwww, has ickle Malfoy no one to snuggle with?” Harry taunted. That angry flare in Draco’s eyes made them grow darker, and Harry kept on, knowing it would bring the colour to Draco’s cheeks. He loved to get Draco riled, wondered if he’d look the same after he’d been kissed. He immediately felt a twinge of guilt, since he’d already started something with Blaise.

“I don’t need a half-blood scarhead to snog, Potter. I can have anyone I want.”

“No, you can’t, Malfoy. You can’t have me.” Harry pushed past him, so he didn’t see the look of pain that crossed Draco’s face, but Blaise did.

The three boys walked inside the castle, moving as silently as they could, so as not to get caught. Harry stopped in the main hall, eyeing the path to the Tower, not really wanting to go to his dorm. They hadn’t even talked, after all. He slid his hand into his pocket, feeling the box.

“The candy, Blaise. I never explained it. Where can we go to talk?”

“We can go to the Slytherin common room. Draco will clear it out for us.”

“All right.”

Harry trailed behind Blaise and Draco, keeping to the shadows. Draco whispered the password, shooting Harry a dark look as he slipped through the wall. A few seconds passed, with Harry giving shy glances to Blaise as Blaise held his hand, stroking the back with his fingers.

When Draco gave the all clear, Harry stepped through into the common room. It was almost exactly as he remembered. He sat on the same couch he had occupied in second year, waiting patiently for Blaise and Draco to settle.

“So, candy?” Blaise prompted.

“Yeah,” Harry said, digging in his pocket. “Candy.”

He pulled out the box and opened it, offering one to Blaise, holding the other. “I took this candy, called the Keys of Desire. You eat it, and then you centre in on what you truly desire.”

“And that was me?” Blaise asked.

“Yes,” Harry admitted, blushing. “I mean, the feelings were there before; the keys make you act on it, is all.” He fought the urge to glance at Draco. The blond hadn’t been at breakfast, and honestly, Harry wasn’t sure what would have happened if he had been there, since he fancied both boys equally.

“So, if I took the key, like this,” Blaise placed it on his tongue, a small smile of bliss crossing his face at the sweet taste. Harry grinned, and popped the other key into his mouth, allowing it to melt with a burst of strawberry flavour. He closed his eyes, waiting for the candy to take effect.

When he opened his eyes, he focused right on Blaise, who was staring at him in open-eyed wonder. Blaise leaned forward, and Harry met him eagerly, kissing him. Hearing a small cough, they broke apart, faces flushed, panting a bit. Harry turned and stopped, frozen in place.

Draco’s eyes grew wide when Harry turned that look of want on him. He started to edge away, but stopped when Blaise gripped his arm tightly. Moving forward, Harry stared at him in fascination, hand coming up to caress his face, his other hand twining in the silky hair that fell around Draco’s face.

“Draco,” he whispered, just before leaning forward to taste.

Unable to ignore him, or to deny the want he’d felt for so long, Draco leaned into the kiss, returning it fiercely. If this was his only chance with Harry, he was going to make the most of it. He barely noticed Blaise coming behind him, sliding strong arms around his waist. Harry continued to kiss him, even as Blaise nuzzled his neck and sucked kisses on his skin.

Harry pulled back, eyes dazed, lips swollen, and met Blaise in a kiss, trapping Draco between them. Harry began to rock, his hips grinding against Draco’s, who was pushed into him by Blaise’s thrusts from behind.

“You didn’t do this in the hall,” Blaise gasped.

“Wasn’t alone then,” Harry mumbled, between kisses on Draco’s throat. “Wanted to.”

“Merlin, this feels…” Draco moaned, arching into Blaise, wanting more.

The candy started to wear off, and Harry came back to his senses, stilling immediately. Blaise stilled as well, sensing the change in emotions. Draco could have sobbed, but he didn’t. He simply rested against Blaise, accepting the comfort his dorm mate offered. Harry stepped away, licking his lips, flushing.

“I… Blaise, I’m sorry.”

“Harry, don’t…”

But Harry didn’t wait to hear what Blaise or Draco would say. He ran, terrified of his feelings, upset that he’d snogged them both, seemingly without distinction. By the time he reached the Tower, he was gasping for breath. He tried to calm down, pacing back and forth in front of the Fat Lady before giving the password and climbing through.

He moved quickly up the stairs to his dorm, avoiding everyone, and changed, climbing into bed and pulling the curtains. He lay back, looking at the little circle of ceiling, his hands laced behind his head.

He knew he was attracted to both Blaise and Draco. He knew it was foolish, too, because both were Slytherins and might become Death Eaters. However, when he’d eaten that candy, he hadn’t cared about allegiances. He spent so much of his time worrying about Voldemort, and this war, that to just act like a normal teenager admitting a crush was… well, daunting, and nerve wracking, normally. The candy had made that so much easier.

Now it had made things worse. Did he really desire both Blaise and Draco? Equally? And, if so, how did he decide? Or, was there even the choice? He turned over, miserable. It was quite possible that neither boy would be interested in anything Harry had to offer, besides a quick one off. Harry didn’t want that. Sure, eventually, he wanted to be with someone, like that, but for now, he just wanted a relationship. To snog, to date, to be with someone.

He slept fitfully, after finally falling asleep, and woke up tired and grumpy, without ever really solving his dilemma. He managed to avoid Ron and Hermione at breakfast, slipping down before the rest of the dorm room had stirred.

It was a weekend, a Hogsmeade one, and the students gathered to begin the trip to the village. Harry walked in silence beside his two friends, brushing off all queries and concerns, moping about what had happened the night before.

When Hermione and Ron headed for Puddifoot’s, he split off in another direction, walking towards the Shack. It was silent, looking just as imposing and rundown as ever. He passed the fence, having no reason to fear the Shack, and headed for the door.

“Potter, are you insane?” Draco gripped his arm, startling him.

“Probably. Let me go.” He jerked his arm away, and looked beyond Draco to see Blaise walking up the path.

“That place is haunted,” Blaise said in a conversational tone, when he reached them.

“No, it’s not.”

“You’d go in there?” Draco looked sceptical.

“Yes, I would, yes, I have. Really, Draco, I’ve faced Voldemort many times now. You think a shack is going to bother me?”

He whirled and marched up to the front door, opening it with a blast from his wand. If he was going to have this conversation with them, it wasn’t going to be anywhere out in the open, that was for sure. Besides, this might solve his problem. Whichever one was brave enough to follow him, well, that’d be the boy he’d pick.

He groaned softly when both boys walked through the front door, quiet, close to each other, but following him. He led the way into the living area, and cast a few spells to clean and start a fire. Draco conjured a rug, and Blaise some cushions, and all three sank down, staring nervously at each other.

“You ran.”

Harry shot Draco an irritated look. “And?”

“I thought you were a Gryffindor. You know, bravery and all?”

“I was… I kissed you and Blaise!”

“Yes. Did you hear either one of us complaining?”

“That doesn’t help any.” Harry took a deep breath, gathered that vaunted courage and spoke. “I want to date, to have a boyfriend. Yet, here I am, with both of you. I don’t understand it, and I don’t know what to do. Which one do I pick, I mean, assuming either one of you is still interested.”

“Why do you have to pick?”

Harry stared at Draco in shock, flicking his gaze to Blaise, who had a slight smirk on his face. “Don’t tell me that the wizarding world is accepting of three guys together?”

“It’s not as restrictive or prejudiced as the Muggle world,” Draco said. “One of the reasons that pure-bloods want things to remain separate. Muggle bigotry is destroying our ways, ways that have been around forever.”

“You follow a half-blood,” Harry said, rolling his eyes.

“Who says we follow him?”

Blaise’s soft question rang in Harry’s ears. He’d assumed, of course that they were both Death Eaters in training. But Draco had been awfully quiet this year, keeping to himself. And honestly, Harry didn’t know that much about Blaise at all.

“So, what do we do?”

“We unlock our desire,” Blaise said. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box, opening it. Three pink keys lay in the box, glistening with sugar. Draco looked right at Harry as he reached for one. Blaise took one as well, and, lifting the third free, held it out to Harry.

Hesitantly, Harry reached out his hand, taking the offered sweet. As one, all three boys slid the candy into their mouths. Harry felt it take hold, felt the pulsing desire fill him as he looked at his two companions, who were watching him with answering need.

They flanked him, Draco gently kissing him, while Blaise licked along his neck. Harry groaned when a hand cupped his groin, pressing against his rising erection. He twined his hands in Draco’s hair, allowing them to push him back onto the cushions. Draco went with him, still kissing, his hands wandering. Blaise rolled Harry onto his side, thrusting against him as he kissed his neck, one hand on Harry’s hip, one hand massaging him through his jeans.

Draco moved against Harry from the front, his kisses growing more frantic. Pleasure welled, rushing through him, in a way he’d never felt. Harry was helpless, swept away by the sensations that Draco and Blaise were pulling from him. He half screamed into Draco’s mouth, his toes curling in his shoes as he gave in, letting the pleasure overwhelm him.

Panting, he lay quiescent while Draco and Blaise also came, until all three boys were a sweaty, boneless mass on the floor. Harry flamed as he realized what had just happened, and he scrambled up, pulling his wand to clean up the wet spot on his jeans. He started backing away, but Blaise lunged and grabbed his ankle, stopping him.

“No running this time.”

“But…” Harry sat down, collapsing onto the pillows. “I’m not ready for this.”

“Dating, maybe both of us?” Draco sat up, casting cleaning spells on himself and Blaise.

“No, dating’s fine, but this… the sex.” Harry’s blush deepened. “Those damn keys.”

“Those keys only released our inhibitions,” Blaise said, moving over to run his hands through Harry’s hair. “If we are moving too fast, then we will slow down. We are simply asking that you do not shut us out.”

“Give it a chance, Potter. Who knows what the future holds? Why not take what you can, when you can?”

“You both want to date me, and that’s ok?” Harry asked, unsure and doubting.

“Yes,” Draco said. He cupped Harry’s chin and kissed him softly.

“Yes,” Blaise echoed, pulling Harry’s face to him to place a kiss on his lips.

“All right then. I’m dating two Slytherins.” He stood, and looked at them for just a moment, before getting a sly grin on his face.

“Want to go to Puddifoot's?” he asked, thinking of the looks on the faces of his friends when they realized the situation.

Both boys smirked and rose. Draco took one of Harry’s hands, Blaise the other, and together they walked towards the front door.

“Um, but no more than kissing right now, ok?” Harry admonished, pausing.

“Snogging?” Blaise asked, almost, but not quite, kissing Harry’s neck.

“Yeah, snogging’s ok,” Harry agreed. He laughed and tugged, starting them moving again.

Draco’s words echoed in his mind. Who knew what the future held, indeed. For once, he was going to take what he could, when he could, and he was going to enjoy it, everyone else be damned.