- Text Size +
"Avada kedavra!"

A streak of green light flashed toward him, but Obi-Wan managed to deflect it with his lightsaber. He stepped forward and his attacker came into view in the dim light of the blade. He was flattened against a stone wall, a short stick held out before him.

Obi-Wan's eyes narrowed. "Put down your... weapon." He assumed that was what it was, at least. "I won't hurt you. I'm looking for my apprentice."

"Who are you?" the boy asked. He reminded Obi-Wan starkly of Anakin with his pale hair and angry eyes.

"I'm a Jedi Knight," Obi-Wan told him, keeping his eyes focused on the boy. "My name is--"

"What the fuck is a Jedi Knight?" The boy's face was dirty and his clothes were torn. It was dark, and Obi-Wan assumed he'd disturbed the boy's sleep.

"I mean you no harm," Obi-Wan said, lowering his lightsaber. "Do you live here?"

The boy scowled. "Of course not. Don't you know who I am?"

Obi-Wan smiled. "I'm sorry, but I don't. If you haven't seen my apprentice, I'll be on my way."

The boy frowned. "What did he look like?"

"A bit like you, but dressed like me." Obi-Wan waved his saber and the electric buzz rang throuh the air. "He would have had one of these."

The boy bit his lip and leaned back against the wall. "I might have seen him."

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

The boy licked his lips. "How badly do you want to know?"

Obi-Wan blinked at him. "Sorry?"

The boy smirked. "His name -- was it Anakin?"

Obi-Wan froze.

The boy's smirk became a leer. One hand trailed down his torso and between his thighs, stroking. "Well?"

Obi-Wan's eyes narrowed. It wasn't as if it were the first time he'd had to this sort of price for information.